Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Overworked and Underpaid

Yeah, I made 6,000 hits!

I know you're all eager to find out what I thought of the Golden Globes last night, but unfortunately, I only got to watch the first hour before I had to watch a hideous tv movie on Lifetime starring Dean Cain, Stephanie Zimbalist and some actress I've never heard of and probably never will again. This movie was so bad that Internet Movie Database had no information on it, and it wasn't listed there under any of the actors. It's almost as the actors wanted to forget about this movie as much as I did. I'll spare you the details but I will tell you that it was called Truth which was pretty funny considering all the articles on James Frey lately. It was the type of movie where I would rather have chewed broken glass than watch this thing.

So I'll have to watch the rest of the Globes on Saturday night on Bravo which is thankfully repeating the whole thing without the annoying pre-show. I did catch Sandra Oh's speech and also Hugh Laurie's as well as Rachel Weisz, George Clooney, and Geena Davis who was hilarious. I'm not sure what was going on with Melanie Griffith who is the poster child for why you shouldn't have plastic surgery and who told Pamela Anderson to cover up her boobs? She looked ridiculous more because the dress didn't fit than anything else.

I taped only the last hour of The Bachelor because I really didn't need to see a play-by-play of Allie G's meltdown. In the end, I had to see most of it anyway.

I'm so overworked right now, that I forgot to have my bosses flights ticketed. Oops! Fortunately he was able to get a flight out this morning anyway. Oh well, I can always blame it on travel, not that I should make a habit of that.

I've finished the YA, and now I'm taking time off to let it percolate before I do another round of revisions. I have a huge project at work right now, looking up 400 potential clients for info on the Internet, so I need to concentrate on the day job for awhile I'll be looking for a new one.

Time Management has always been my problem. I always wait until the last minute, and then I push until it gets done. It's what I did last Friday where I not only managed to write a semi-coherent President's letter but also an article for our newsletter, and finish the last twenty pages of my YA.

I really need a vacation.

2 comments:

Megan Frampton said...

EKM:

You need a rest. Can you schedule a stay-in-bed day on Sunday or something? I'm tired just reading about your activities. Congrats on finishing the YA, too.

MJFredrick said...

You DO need a vacation! Congratulations on finishing, though!