Friday, October 06, 2006

Grey Friday


Well it's another Grey Friday in more ways than one. The temperature has gone way down here in New York. Fall apparently has decided to arrive. In celebration, I'm wearing my new Ann Taylor Loft outfit that I purchased last night. A brown plaid miniskirt that buttons down the front, and a pretty brown Fair Isle sweater. Ann Taylor Loft makes some great stuff. I actually like their stuff better than what they sell at Ann Taylor. It's like Ann Taylor is Barbie and Ann Taylor Loft is Skipper, her little sister. The prices are actually more reasonable than the prices at Ann Taylor. I look like a 1960's college co-ed attending one of the seven sister's colleges in this outfit.

So I watched 'Ugly Betty' last night. Loved the comment that Queen's College (Betty's alma mater) is one of America's value colleges. I love this show probably because America Ferrara is so adorable with her empanadas and her graduation bunny.

Now on to my absolutely favorite show in the entire universe, Grey's Anatomy. Yes, Meredith's fantasy echoed George's from the Super Bowl season, but loved her comment about how dating was fun and you get snacks. Didn't love George's passive-aggressive attitude towards Callie. Those two really need to sit down and have a conversation. Hated the way he got rid of her patient, but I didn't love the way she didn't listen to him. Loved Izzy wearing Denny's sweater standing outside the hospital, not able to go in.

I must be one of the few people in the world who has sympathy for Addison. When she was sitting in the closet crying and Meredith found her, it was a great moment for her, when she pleaded for just a few brief moments when she didn't have to see her. I believe that Addison really loves Derek, but she's incredibly attracted to Mark, and in a moment of weakness to try and get a rise out of Derek she succumbed and slept with him. And now Mark may be staying in Seattle, ratcheting up the tension. How is Derek going to feel having his best friend on his turf for good? Awesome.

And then there's Cristina, who tried to help Burke the only way she knew how, by bringing home a chicken he could operate on.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

I agree completely about George and Callie. I used to like George but not Callie - now it's the other way around. And I do feel so sorry for Addison. She's cool.