Wednesday, October 11, 2006

London Calling

Sorry for not posting. I'm under the gun on a lot of things before I leave on my vacation next Monday. As you can tell by the title of this post, I am headed off to London to stay with my friend who lives there. I can't wait. I need a vacation so badly it's not even funny. Let's just say that my performance at my night job this weekend was particularly lackluster, but that maybe because I worked three days in a row. And I pitched a fit about doing sports logging on Sunday, so you know that this week I'm finally going to have to take the plunge and do it.

Which means like 3 hours of baseball or god forbid football. Can I just kill myself now? Hopefully, in between logging, I'll have some time to do some writing. I'm approaching Chapter 8 in my WIP in progress and I'd like to write at least some pages before I leave. I'm taking my partial of my old manuscript with me to start the process of changing it from first person POV to third. Oh, and I had to find another speaker for our chapter meeting this weekend, because the speaker I had scheduled didn't respond to the fourteen emails that I sent her.

Granted, I know that's she's a busy writer, but she was speaking a the NJ conference this past weekend, and we had talked about her coming to New York the following weekend. Not to answer any of my many, many emails is just not cool. So her books now go to the top of my donate to the public library pile.

Finished the awesome Meg Cabot's How to be Popular. Now I can't wait to pick up the Princess Diaries 7 while I'm in London. It's in one volumen with the novella Sweet Sixteen Princess, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also looking forward to buying Julie Cohen's books while I'm there along with a whole slew of other British authors I love that aren't published here like Jilly Cooper.

Saw the new movie The Queen with Helen Mirren to get into that London frame of mind. Loved it. Helena Mirren is brilliant as is Michael Sheen as Tony Blair. I've always admired Helen Mirren ever since Excalibur. She just gets more brilliant every year. I'm also watching her version of Elizabeth the I in the HBO miniseries that came out earlier this year. Thank God for Netflix!

Well, I need to go to finishing my 5 pages for the day.

Thanks for reading!

EKM

No comments: