Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Query Fever


Well, I said I was going to start querying again, and darn it, I did. This morning I sent two separate queries to agents, one of whom responded back right away and requested the first 30 pages. I also sent emails to the agents who already have either the manuscript or the partial. I'm glad I did because it turns out that one of the agents is leaving the agency where she worked. Great! Good thing I emailed, or I would never have known. I still don't have an answer about the manuscript, nor have I heard from the other two agents I emailed. Yikes!

No matter what happens with the two agents I queried today, I'm glad that I got off my duff. I've been too complacent because the manuscript is parked with two agents I would love to be represented by. Big mistake. My baby needs to be read by more people. So by the end of this week, I'm hoping to send it out to at least 3-5 more people.

Ah, the cutie in the corner is Prince Lorenzo Borghese, the totally Americanified (is that even a word? Oh well, Shakespeare made up his own words) Prince who is the new Bachelor. I'm telling you I didn't have high hopes for this season after the travesty that was Travis Dork, but after least night, I'm cautiously optimistic.

We have one diva (Erica who showed up in a really cheap looking tiara), who declared that she'd never flown coach before, Desiree, the potential slut of the group, and Sadie the virgin. Plus, one Italian chick that was brought in at the last minute to compete with the Americans. Even though Lorenzo's title is purely ceremonial (they have no land or anything), he seems like a remarkably down to earth guy. He's rich but he doesn't seem snobby or entitled. Hard to believe he lives in New York, when even the poorest guys think they're hot shit.

So I'm willing to give true love and The Bachelor a chance, if only for the entertainment value, since I'm pretty sure none of these girls are right for him. They all seemed entirely too impressed with his title and money before they even got there.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

No comments: