Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wacked out Wednesday

Isn't that a cool picture? It's a 17 apartment complex in a part of the Bronx called Spuyten Dyvil called Villa Charlotte Bronte. I just read about it this morning in the real estate section of the sunday New York Times. It was built in the 1920's. This is what I love about New York, just when you start to think it's an unforgiving concrete jungle of glass and chrome, you find unexpected little hamlets like this. It doesn't look like it belongs in New York does it? It's almost like something about of The Hobbit.

Looking at this picture cheers me up, which I need right now. I just received my rejection letter (finally) from the number one agent on my list. You know, Dream Agent No. 1. I had a feeling that was going to happen since it was taking her so long to read my full manuscript, despite the fact that I sent it to her in June! Maybe it's just me, but I have a hard time believing that after sitting that long, she was going to call me and offer me representation. It doesn't seem to work that way from what I've heard from other people who've gotten offers.

My boss is also being a pain in the ass since I've gotten back. Now, he wants me to sit there and go through the expense system to see what hasn't been approved. I don't think so. It's his responsibility to approve these things, not me, he should keep up on it. I don't get paid enough to look over his shoulder.

I didn't get featured in Allure magazine either. I think I mentioned that they came to our chapter meeting and asked our opinion about Danielle Steel's new fragrance. Well, the three people they used, are all published authors. You would think that since I'm president of the Chapter they could include me. That's what I get for not wearing make-up, and showing up looking like a schlub.

Mercury is clearly getting ready for it's retrograde period, by everything that's gone on in the past two days.

So far no jet lag but usually when you return it's alot easier than when you go over. I went to sleep around 9:30 p.m. and then I'll write moreo about my adventures in London over the next few days.

Thanks for reading,

EKM

1 comment:

MJFredrick said...

Hugs on the R, the boss and the magazine snub, Elizabeth!