Sunday, October 29, 2006

Happy Daylight Savings Time



So blogger is giving me fits today. It just ate the lovely post that I wrote about my day yesterday, so I'm going to attempt to remember what I wrote.

Well, yesterday was my friend's little boy's first birthday. I think I mentioned that Fun Guy and Auction Guy would be there. This would be the first time in like two months that I've seen Fun Guy since he basically dumped me by not calling me. So of course, knowing that I would be seeing them both, I had to look hot.

So I bought this skirt from The Gap. And I also bought this red turtleneck as well. I paired them with an ancient pair of black platform boots that I had lying around in my closet. Early in the day it was pouring down rain, so I decided against having my hair blown out again. I did however color it to get rid of the few grays that I have with Garnier High-Lift Browns (in Golden Brown) as opposed to L'Oreal which wrecks my hair.

Anyway, I had thought about wearing fishnets but it looked too slutty so I ran out to Rite-Aid and bought a pair of L'Eggs. Of course when I got to the party, Auction Guy ignored me as usual. Things went better with Fun Guy. We actually managed to have a conversation although it felt weird and awkward to me. Like we'd never dated or anything. Oh well. I did find out that he was going to a party dressed like the dad in the Incredibles. And just like in the movie, he had a hard time getting the costume on. In fact it didn't quite close so he had to wear a red T-shirt underneath. Can I just say how I laughed inside when I heard that?

I had bought two great gifts for my friend's boys at Hamley's which is like the F.A.O. Schwartz of London. It's located on Regent's Street, which is one of the two big shopping streets in London, the other being Oxford Street. Hamley's is 5 floors, of toys, books, games, and stuffed animals. I must have spent an hour trying to find the perfect gifts for two boys who literally have everything. I finally found two toys that I hope they liked, a toy truck and a toy train.

I had a bit of Mercury Retrograde melt-down because I thought my close friend was going to a Hen night on my birthday instead of joining me. Of course, the fact that I hadn't actually gotten around to inviting anyone out might have had something to do with it. Still she could have kept the date open just in case. I mean, I lead a busy life, it would be nice if someone else could plan my birthday for me, instead of me having to always do the work.

Went to a Halloween Party last night. I didn't have time to really put something together so I went as Femme Fatale, International Woman of Mystery, Agent 69. By day, she's a lowly assistant in the fashion closet at Belle magazine, at night she keeps the world safe for democracy, armed only with her wit, charm, and a killer pair of stillettos (literally). The only problem is that she keeps having to take off days for her missions.

I wore an old black velvet evening gown that was slit almost to crotch level, black velvet gloves, and black suede stillettos. Had a great time at the party, inviting everyone out to my birthday. Heard disturbing news though about an old beau of mine. I won't get into details, but it made me grateful that we had never gotten serious.

I'd forgotten how much I love dancing, now I'm investigating taking ballroom dancing classes here in New York. I'd love to learn the samba and the rhumba. Dancing makes me incredibly happy and that's what I'm all about right now.

Thanks for reading.

EKM

No comments: