Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thank God It's Thursday

Blogger is giving me fits today. I've been trying to upload a picture of the dress I'm wearing to RWA NYC's 20th Anniversary reception tonight but it won't come out. Hopefully, I'll be able to load it later on.

Can I just say I'm so glad it's Thursday? Because that means it's one more day to Friday and the weekend, and I'm so ready for it to be here. I'm telling you coming back to work in the middle of the week, is not always the best idea. Maybe if my flight had arrived on time on Tuesday, I'd be feeling less tired, or then again, maybe if I hadn't worked last night until almost 1 a.m. at my night job, I wouldn't be so tired.

By the way, I watched 'Lost' last night for work, and I just don't get it, what it is that people find so fascinating about this show. It's like Gilligan's Island but spooky. Maybe if I had watched it from the beginning I would feel differently, but coming in the middle of the plot, just didn't grab me. Lots of attractive people though trapped on this island.

Well, after my rejection yesterday from number one agent, I had the pleasure of finding a partial request from another agent in my in-box last evening. The only problem is that she wants an exclusive if possible. Which considering right now, I haven't heard from either of the other three agents who have the manuscript is more than doable. One of the agents, I've completely written off. She seems really nice, but it's like the problem that I had with another agent last year, she just seems a tad flaky.

Still a bit miffed that I wasn't included in the Alllure magazine feature, although that's what I get for showing up at the meeting looking like 7 miles of bad road. Yikes, what was I thinking? Oh, I know, I was tired from working until 3 a.m. the night before. That was it.

Had some good feedback from my writing instructor and some of the students in my writing class. So far, they love my male character Ben. It seems I write teen male characters very well. It's not hard actually, I just think what an adult male would do and then dumb it down a bit. But Beatrice needs to be quirkier, and funnier. Right now, everyone seems to think she's too perfect. Which I quibble with a bit, but I understand where they are coming from.

Oh, and I learned that playing backgammon is considered boring for a teen character. Go figure. Perhaps, I'll have her play Text Twist on her computer or play Sudoku in pen. Need to work on that. Apparently making the changes will make all the difference between it sitting in my drawer or sitting on a bookshelf!

Thanks for reading,

EKM

No comments: